members, and counting.
The American Educational Research Association (AERA) invites proposals for conferences in education research. AERA supports research conferences intended to break new ground in substantive areas of inquiry, stimulate new lines of study on issues that have been largely unexplored, or develop innovative research methods or techniques that can contribute more generally to education research. Conferences may focus on conceptual, empirical, or methodological issues important to understanding the state of the knowledge and charting directions for future research. It is anticipated that research conferences will draw upon diverse disciplines and fields of inquiry where there is relevant scientific and scholarly expertise. The purpose of this program is to foster the accumulation of knowledge, to enhance dissemination, to encourage innovation, and to advance studies of the highest quality in education research. AERA’s Research Conferences Program awards grants of up to $35,000.
The deadline for submissions for Spring 2016 is March 1, 2016. For more information or to submit a proposal, please see the Call and Guidelines for Proposals or email EdResearchConference@aera.net. Please visit the AERA website for information about previous awards.
- Educational Psychologist: As a member of Division 15, you are eligible to receive and access current editions of our proprietary journal, Educational Psychologist. During the first few weeks of your registration, you will receive an email with digital access instructions for the year ahead. Full Division 15 members also receive a paper copy by email.
- Grants & Awards: As a Division 15 member, you’re eligible to apply for a wide range of grants and awards designed to address needs at all career levels. Find an overview of these awards here.
- Newsletter for Educational Psychologists (NEP): Members can access past and current editions of our newsletter here. New copies of this are sent via LISTSERV and social media as released. Content includes a message from the President, important calls, and interest pieces such as interviews with luminaries.
- The Weekly Digest: Each Friday, we release an overview of the top education stories from the past week—as well as overviews of important Division 15 announcements. If you’re looking to keep an eye on what education trends are receiving the most media coverage, this publication is a must read. Find past Digests—and a form to subscribe—here.
- The Job Board: Here, we share new job opportunities for educational psychologists each week. This service is free for both members and institutions, so be sure to think of Division 15 as your department searches for candidates! Find The Job Board here.
- Social Media: We’re active on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Be sure to follow us through any (or all!) of the channels you prefer.
- APA Associates, Fellows, and Life Status Members: These APA membership types may renew their divisions while paying their APA Central membership statement. Conversely, those interested in finding instructions for a quick online renewal may do so by visiting http://www.apa.org/
- Non-APA Members (Students, Affiliates, & Free Members): Renewal takes only a few moments and can be completed here: www.apa.org/divapp
Division 15 seeks nominations (including self-nominations) for leadership roles within our organization. Nominations will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee in preparation for a Division-wide vote in the spring, and those elected will carry three-year terms spanning August 2016 – August 2019. Positions for this year’s ballot include:
- President-Elect, August 2016 – August 2019: Division 15’s President-Elect spends year one of his/her term as an Executive Committee officer working in concert with the current President and Past President. Primarily a “training” year, this officer will be groomed for his/her Presidential term of August 2017 – August 2018, followed by a year as Past President from August 2018 – August 2019. Those elected to this office join the likes of Nathaniel Gage and Robert Glaser (see a full list of past Presidents here).
- Treasurer-Elect, August 2016 – August 2019: As with Division 15’s President, this role comprises a year as Treasurer-Elect, Treasurer, and Past Treasurer. A full breakdown of duties for each year of the rotation may be found here.
- Representative to APA Council, August 2016 – August 2019: Division 15’s Representative to the APA Council is a full, voting member of the Executive Committee. This individual is responsible for communicating Division 15’s needs and progress to the greater APA, as well as for bringing updates from APA back to Division 15 for consideration. The representative attends meetings of council at the Annual APA Convention in August, and again in February. The representative also attends Division 15 meetings at APA, in the fall, and at the AERA annual meeting.
Please remember that only those Division 15 members who are also members of APA are eligible to run for office and to vote in this election. If you would like to be involved in this process, be sure to renew your 2015 membership as soon as possible, here.
Please send nominations to Past President Karen Harris (Karen.R.Harris@asu.edu) no later than January 30, 2016. More information on Division 15 elections may be found under Article V of the Division’s By-Laws (here).