members, and counting.
Faculty Members Attending APA: Serve as a Mentor or Panelist for the 2016 D15 Graduate Student Seminar
The objective of the 2016 Division 15 Graduate Student Seminar is to provide participants with an opportunity to receive mentoring and advice from faculty members, and to begin developing professional relationships with current and future leaders within our field.
To this effect, we are seeking faculty members who are willing to serve as a mentor or panelist. If you are attending the Annual APA Convention this year (8/4 – 8/7 in Denver, CO) and are interested in serving as either a mentor or a seminar panelist for Division 15’s seminars, please visit http://tinyurl.com/
- A general statement indicating the activities for which you would like to volunteer.
- A current CV.
A limited number of mentors and seminar panelists will be selected for participation based on the needs and research interests of graduate students participating in the seminar.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to support the development of budding scholars!
Serena Shim and Sharon Zumbrunn
Co-Chairs for Graduate Student Affairs Committee
APA Division 15, Educational Psychology
This year, in preparation for the 2016 APA Convention (Denver, CO) we’re pleased to announce our first International Student Research Award. Please see the formal attached call for details (here) all nominations are due by June 4, 2016 (5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time).
This award—available only to those who are studying at programs outside North America— will recognize outstanding scholarship from a student-led presentation as part of the Division 15 program. A total of $1,000 will be awarded, and is intended to defray international travel costs accrued while attending and presenting at the APA convention.
If you or a student you know is eligible for this award, please see the attached call on how to nominate work for consideration. Please also note that, while Division 15 membership is required for eligibility, we are currently offering a free first year for new enrollees (found here).
Those with questions may contact Dennis McInerney (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Educational Psychologist: As a member of Division 15, you are eligible to receive and access current editions of our proprietary journal, Educational Psychologist. During the first few weeks of your registration, you will receive an email with digital access instructions for the year ahead. Full Division 15 members also receive a paper copy by email.
- Grants & Awards: As a Division 15 member, you’re eligible to apply for a wide range of grants and awards designed to address needs at all career levels. Find an overview of these awards here.
- Newsletter for Educational Psychologists (NEP): Members can access past and current editions of our newsletter here. New copies of this are sent via LISTSERV and social media as released. Content includes a message from the President, important calls, and interest pieces such as interviews with luminaries.
- The Weekly Digest: Each Friday, we release an overview of the top education stories from the past week—as well as overviews of important Division 15 announcements. If you’re looking to keep an eye on what education trends are receiving the most media coverage, this publication is a must read. Find past Digests—and a form to subscribe—here.
- The Job Board: Here, we share new job opportunities for educational psychologists each week. This service is free for both members and institutions, so be sure to think of Division 15 as your department searches for candidates! Find The Job Board here.
- Social Media: We’re active on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Be sure to follow us through any (or all!) of the channels you prefer.
- APA Associates, Fellows, and Life Status Members: These APA membership types may renew their divisions while paying their APA Central membership statement. Conversely, those interested in finding instructions for a quick online renewal may do so by visiting http://www.apa.org/
- Non-APA Members (Students, Affiliates, & Free Members): Renewal takes only a few moments and can be completed here: www.apa.org/divapp