In preparation for the 2017 APA Convention (Washington, D.C.) we’re pleased to announce the International Student Research Award. Please see the formal attached call for details (here) all nominations are due by March 17, 2017 (5:00 PM Eastern Time).
This award—available only to those who are studying at programs outside North America— will recognize outstanding scholarship from a student-led presentation as part of the Division 15 program. A total of $1,000 will be awarded, and is intended to defray international travel costs accrued while attending and presenting at the APA convention.
If you or a student you know is eligible for this award, please see the attached call on how to nominate work for consideration. Please also note that, while Division 15 membership is required for eligibility, we are currently offering a free first year for new enrolees (found here).
Those with questions may contact Professor Rob Klassen (email@example.com) for further details.
To be considered for this award, an applicant must:
- be a student member of Division 15 (you may enroll for your first year of membership free, here);
- have an accepted, first-authored presentation in Division 15 at the APA convention;
- attend the APA convention to receive the monetary award;
- be studying at an overseas university (not in North America);
- be a citizen of a country not in North America;
- submit a 2000-word proposal, which is an expanded version of the APA convention proposal.
- The 2000-words proposal will be reviewed by the judging panel consisting of members of the Division 15 International Committee.
- The 2000-word proposal should be considered by the judging panel to be potentially publishable in a top-tier educational psychology (or related) journal.
Deadline and Submission Process:
- The deadline for the 2017 International Student Research Award is March 17, 2017 by 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Submit the 2000-words proposal to Rob Klassen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the accompanying application form found here.
- In the subject line, please include the text “International Student Research Award.”
- For answers to any questions, please contact Rob Klassen via email at email@example.com