Division 15 will have the following committee openings in August. Early career professionals and graduate students are especially encouraged to apply as a way of obtaining national service. More experienced members, fellows, and affiliates are encouraged to apply as well.
Please send me an email about any openings that interest you (in priority order, if more than one) at email@example.com. If you can, send me a copy of your CV as well. I will begin making committee appointments on April 15, 2017.
Committees that will have openings are:
- Membership (1-2 members, 2 students) – This committee examines ways to increase and retain membership in the division and oversees member services.
- Dissertation Awards (2 members and 2 fellows) – Reviews applications for dissertation awards.
- Snow Award Committee (2 fellows) – Oversees the Richard E. Snow Award for early career achievements.
- Graduate Student Affairs (1 member) – Conducts the early career seminar at the APA annual convention.
- Early Career Development Committee (2 members) – Seeks to recruit early career psychologists into the division and to support their active participation.
- Early Career Research Grants (2 members) – Committee solicits and reviews early career grant applications.
- International Committee (1 member, 2 students) – Promotes an international perspective within the division, for example by maintaining international affiliations and overseeing the international student travel award.
- Editor for the Newsletter for Educational Psychologists (1 person).
- Finance (1 member, 1 past president)—Oversees the division’s financial investments and revenue stream.
- Fellows Selection Committee (1-2 fellows).
- Psychology Today Blog Ad Hoc Committee (1 member, 2 students).
- Webinar Committee (3 members). Organizes webinars for the division.
I am also considering creating an Ad Hoc Educational Policy Committee, which would explore ways of involving division members more in educational policy analysis, decision making, and advocacy.
President-Elect, American Psychological Association Division 15