- 2018 APA Convention Proposals – Due December 1 (Link)
- Call for Convention Proposal Reviewers – Due December 1 (Link)
- Fellows Applications – Due December 1 (Link)
- Division 15 Survey of Member Attitudes and Expertise Regarding Education Policy and Practice – Feedback Due December 8 (Link)
- E.L. Thorndike Career Achievement Award – Nominations due December 15 (Link)
- Nominations for 2018 Executive Committee Positions – Due December 31 (Link)
- Richard E. Snow Award for Early Career Contributions – Due January 5 (Link)
- Paul Pintrich Outstanding Dissertation Award – Due January 15 (Link)
If you are an APA member in addition to being a Division 15 member, you have received (or will receive shortly) a copy of APA’s Annual Apportionment Ballot.
Because the outcome of this Apportionment Ballot is used to determine the number seats we have on the APA Council of Representatives, your vote will have a direct impact in giving educational psychology a greater voice in national matters. We recently grew our position to two seats on the Council, and we want to make sure we maintain (or grow) this position!
As such, please consider casing your full 10 votes for Division 15 – Educational Psychology. Your ballot comes in the mail and must be received back in the APA Central Office no later than December 15.
Division 15 seeks nominations (including self-nominations) for leadership roles within our organization. Nominations will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee in preparation for a Division-wide vote in the spring. Positions on this year’s ballot include:
- Vice President (4-year term for entry role in the Presidential line; 2018-2022)
- Treasurer–Elect (3-year term with graduated roles in the Treasurer line, 2018-2021)
- Member-at-Large (3-year term; 2018-2021)
- Member-at-Large (3-year term, 2018-2021)
The Vice President role is the initial role in our expanded Presidential line to four years. This expansion is designed to better pace the workload of the President’s role. Due to time commitments, we suggest that academic nominees be at the level of tenured Associate Professor or Professor rather than Assistant Professor.
The three-year Treasurer line includes one year for the Treasurer, one year for the Treasurer-Elect, and one year for the Past Treasurer. The duties of the Treasurer-Elect include: processes reimbursements and payments; manages travel expenses; deposits checks; keeps running balance updated; processes awards and grant payments; consults with Treasurer and Past Treasurer to prepare for the next two years work and to support this year’s work as needed. Additional requests may be issued by the President and Exec. Committee as needed.
Members-at-Large serve three-year terms within Division 15’s Executive Committee. These individuals are responsible for weighing important decisions facing our organization, and for supporting the work of a subset of committees to which they are assigned. Members-at-Large are encouraged to attend up to three meetings of the Executive Committee each year (APA, AERA, and a Fall Retreat), for which their travel and accommodations are mostly to completely reimbursed for the three trips per year.
Also, please remember that only those Division 15 members who are also members of APA are eligible to run for office and to vote in this election. If you would like to be involved in this process, be sure to renew your APA and Division 15 membership as soon as possible.
Please send nominations or self-nominations to Past President Bonnie J.F. Meyer (email@example.com). The final slate of officers needs to be to APA by the end of January 2018. As such, the Division 15 Nominations Committee would appreciate these nominations soon. Further information on Division 15 elections may be found under Article V of the Division’s By-Laws.
Division 15 is offering two Outstanding Graduate Student Poster Awards.
Students who have submitted proposals for the Division 15 2018 Program as first authors and would like to be considered for this award must submit their name and the title of their proposal to the program co-chairs using this link by December 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
After all proposals submitted to Division 15 are reviewed, the program co-chairs will examine the accepted posters for those that were first authored by graduate students based on the names submitted to us. We will compare these names with the award eligibility criteria to select nominees who will be reviewed at APA 2018. Poster award nominees will be asked to send an updated proposal and pdf of the poster in advance of APA 2018.
To be considered for this award individual must:
- attend the 2018 meeting and present as first-author on a poster at the 2018 meeting in a Division 15 Session
- be a graduate student at the time of the poster submission
- be a member of Division 15 (click here for Division 15 membership)
Nominated posters will be evaluated by the Evaluation Committee on the following criteria:
- conceptual/theoretical grounding of the research
- quality of methods and analysis
- alignment of research findings with conclusions and implications
- contribution to the field of educational psychology
- poster aesthetics
- verbal presentation/discussion at poster session
For questions about the Division 15 Outstanding Poster Award, please contact the 2018 Program Co-Chairs, Peggy N. Van Meter and Rayne A. Sperling (firstname.lastname@example.org).